Cost-effective growth factors for stem cell research
Qkine manufactures high-purity, animal-free growth factors, cytokines and other complex proteins for stem cell and organoid culture. An ISO 9001: 2015 certified company based in Cambridge, UK, Qkine combines proprietary production processes with protein engineering technology to tackle fundamental biological and scale-up challenges.
- High lot-to-lot consistency to help increase the reproducibility of experiments
- Animal-free to eliminate the risks of contaminating growth factors, viruses, and prions
- Ultra-pure confirmed by several varied techniques, ensuring the reliability of results
- Clear QC data provided on every lot from our ISO 9001:2015 accredited facility
- Highly bioactive and potentially more bioactive than alternative suppliers
- Long storage at -80 degree celcius for up to 2 years for most proteins
- Multiple pack sizes to suit your research
Featured product from Qkine
Activin A is a TGFβ family growth factor used frequently for the maintenance of pluripotency in induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) and embryonic stem cell (ESC) culture. Activin A is also used in many stem cell differentiation protocols, including for directed differentiation into endoderm lineages such as hepatocyte and pancreatic cells. This protein has been extensively validated for highly reproducible stem cell culture. Qkine founder, Marko Hyvönen, developed the protocol for making high purity activin A and this protein is used at the Cambridge Stem Cell Institute.
- High purity mature bioactive dimer
- Animal-free (AOF) and carrier-protein free (CF)
- Rigorously benchmarked against other commercial sources
[WEB] Product specification: Activin A protein (Qk001)
[TECH NOTE] Activin A vial recovery
[WEB] Featured products from Qkine
[WEB] Product specification: Activin A PLUS protein (Qk005)
[WEB] Product specification: Follistatin-resistant Activin A protein protein (Qk035)
Drop us a line today to learn more about our comprehensive recombinant protein selection.
- Qkine, ‘recombinant human/mouse/rat/bovine/porcine activin A protein (Qk001)’, Available at https://qkine.com/product/recombinant-human-activin-a-protein/
- Qkine, ‘Technote: Activin A vial recovery’, Available at https://qkine.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Technote_Activin_A_vial_recovery-4.pdf
- Qkine, ‘recombinant human/mouse/rat Activin A PLUS protein (Qk005)
’, Available at https://qkine.com/product/recombinant-human-activin-a-plus-protein/
- Qkine, ‘recombinant human/mouse/rat follistatin-resistant activin A protein (Qk035)’, Available at https://qkine.com/product/recombinant-human-follistatin-resistant-activin-a-protein-qk035/
All products listed on this site and sold through LAB-A-PORTER Limited are for research use only (RUO). Not for human use. Not for therapeutic or diagnostic use.